Boys and Girls Golf

Coach+Violette
Coach Violette

Fall is here so that means that golf is swinging on in. With new players and a fresh start on this season, we want every student here at La Joya to read about what golf is all about.

Golf needs players that have plenty of patience and concentration. Being a part of a golf team means actually having an interest in the sport and wanting to experience it. Here at La Joya, there is a team available for boys and girls for this season.

Both share the enjoyment for the game, not only of being able to play but staying active and involved with a team. Like all sports, each and every team share a special bond with their teammates, the game, and their coaches. When taking part in the game the players always have to have their undivided attention and concentration on the golf ball and the direction they swing their clubs.

For boys’ golf, coach Violette stated, “I choose to coach golf because it is rewarding to see students be rewarded with every swing they take”. He states that the most challenging part of golf is being on different courses every time you play a different game.

Coach Violette also states, “try it and experience being on a golf team before you knock it down”.

High school sport golf is often neglected or forgotten about because most people do not know about the teams but that has to change. Like all other sports, golf needs everyone cheering them on so the players feel appreciated and motivated to their best every golf meet.