The Marines: Who Are They and How To Contact A Recruiter

Isaac Taylor, Staff

Avondale- In the world today there are many students who go through high school and they have no idea what they want to do, either I don’t want to sit through another four years of school or they don’t have enough money for school or just that’s not what they want to do. Well, there is a solution for them the military specifically the Marines. The Marines are one of the five branches of the US Military.

”The Marines are also one of the most elite fighting forces in the US Military,” said Staff Sergeant Martin.

Becoming a Marine is hard but they have people to help you get ready for boot camp and give you the tools to succeed. These people are the Marine recruiters. each school has a marine recruiter Marine Recruiters are the Marines that come and have a table set up either in your cafeteria or gym or wherever they go to your school and they hand out pamphlets sometimes they’ll bring a pull-up bar and have a little contest and give you like a backpack or something if you do a certain amount of Pull-Ups this is all the get you interested in the Marines.

“Our goal is to try to recruit potential candidates for the marines and help them so they can succeed in their future,” said Staff Sergeant Brian Newsom.

The recruiters do more than that they have to do the paperwork for you and in order to go, they have to call and get as many appointments as they can to try to get others to go. Recruiters are super easy to contact. You can either go to your local guidance office in your school. Email your counselor or you can even look on Instagram or social media because recruiting stations all have social media.

“If you are in the Tolleson School District your recruiting station would be West Phoenix Marines on Instagram,” said Gunnery Sergeant Leal.

If you feel like the Marines is something you would like to do contact your local recruiter.