10 Special Days of April

Photo by Bich Tran from Pexels

There are many special days in April, but here are 8 of those special days.

On April 1st, it is April Fool’s day. This day is to play a joke or a fun trick on someone, but a harmless one. This special day approximately started around 1582, and started because of a change in calendar. They changed from the Julian calendar to the Georgian calendar, and when it did change, the people didn’t realize it and celebrated the end of the year on a separate day than April 1st. They were called April Fools.

On April 11th, it is National Pet Day. This day is for the relationships between the owners and their pets, to signify the joy that they have for each other. It was invented in 2006 from a supporter of animal advocating, named Colleen Paige.

On April 15th, it is National High-Five Day. It is as it’s said, you give random people a high-five, although don’t do that this year because you need to stay six feet apart. This day was invented by college students that set up a high five stand.

On April 19th, is the National Garlic Day. This day celebrates the many uses of a garlic, such as an herb or a vegetable. Garlic was once used as an herb for the Black Death, as well as stamina for workers on the pyramid of Giza.

On April 23rd it is Take A Chance Day. This day is when you take a chance and have a risk on that decision. It’s a day that this unofficial holiday want people to become bold and brave and go for a risk.

On April 25th, is National Penguin Day. This is when you choose a penguin on Antarctica and learn about them. This national day started in 1972 from a man marking this event on his wife’s calendar.

April 27th is Babe Ruth day. This is the day that celebrates one of the best baseball players of all time. Babe Ruth was famous for getting a 52 home run record for a single season, which he broke his own record. He was born on February 6th, 1895 and died August 16th, 1948.

Last, but not least, On April 29, it is International Dance Day. This is when the entire world is encouraged to dance to anything they want and however they want. There are all type of dance in the world and if you like dancing then give this day a try. In 2010 this day was created.

That is all 8 special days that were planned, but there are many more, not in just April, but in every month. Even more are being added as time goes on.