Everybody’s a leader

Teacher Feature: Ms. Pastor
Jae-Kye Washington, Keondre Thomas

Ms. Pastor was interviewed about herself and her Education Professions class.

Ms. Pastor is a Sophomore English and Education Professions teacher. She has taught for 11 years, 7 of which she spent at La Joya. Education Professions was started 4 years ago by another teacher and when she left she asked Ms. Pastor to take over.

She says, “My love for education and kids is very deep rooted in my background and how I grew up.” The longer she spent teaching, she started to notice potential in her students and she wanted them to join her.

Education Professions is not your typical class: “There are lots of labs. There are lots of hands on activities with peers.” The class will push you out of your comfort zone because Ms. Pastor believes everyone has leadership qualities.

Ms. Pastor hopes, “That my students remember me for being a support system for them and pushing them to the things that they want in their life.” She wants to see her students do good life and take the things she taught them and pass it on.