Is Daniel Caesar shifting music expectations?

The world now recognizes R&B/soul music as a complex genre that reaches beyond the physical realm and into the very center of our being, a style that elicits feelings in listener’s as opposed to just sounds.

From Toronto, Canada, Ashton Simmonds, or popularly known as Daniel Caesar, builds up from the R&B/Soul and creates his own form. To gospel undertones, harmonizing vocals, and various tones of the guitar, Daniel Caesar makes a whole new world of music.

August 25th, 2017, Daniel released his debut album, “Freudian,” Which contains the hit songs “Best part” and “Get You.” These songs were playing worldwide, and still continue to do great. These consists of lyrics that are very heartwarming, and always can dedicate to a special someone.

With his recent album, “Never Enough,” Daniel experiments with different tones to create a perfect mix of love songs and heartbreak ballads. The 3 singles from the album, “Always,” “Let Me Go,” and “Valentina” were some of the most popular songs. However, songs like, “Pain is Inevitable,” or “Vince Van Gogh” get deeper into internal feelings, other than a typical love song.

Never enough seems to be Daniels more personal album, which helps describe his relatable feelings about death, romance, and growing into the person he is now.