New People Opinions of La Joya

Being in a high school can be overwhelming for most people. Whether it’s trying to make new friends for freshman or brand new teachers trying to figure out what works best for their class.

Freshmen aren’t the only new students at La Joya. Diamond a senior at  La Joya says “La Joya is a new experience for meeting new people”. Diamond also states that she could be closer with her cousin since before she went to La Joya she went to Carl Hayden which is 20 minutes away from La Joya.

Being a teacher at a new school could be exciting but if you’ve never taught before, the teacher could be nervous about doing the right things. It’s especially hard if you were just brought into it and not having time to prepare. Mr cole is a algebra II teacher here at La Joya and has never taught in a high school before.

“At times it could be frustrating with trying to get students to listen to the lesson” says Mr. Cole.

Before Mr Cole taught in La Joya he taught math to trainees for doing jobs that require math. Cole was brought to La Joya unexpectedly because there was barley any math teachers that are willing to teach at a school.

“But overall it’s a good school to be in with a welcoming staff” said Mr. Cole.

Overall most people that are new to La Joya are welcomed and feels like it is a good school to be in. Just be respectful and know your way around the school, you’ll be find.