Reminiscing the Old or the New

Youtube
Billie Joe Armstrong lead singer of Green Day in one of their music videos of the 90’s.

The old will be the new and the new will be the old. Do you remember the times when you listened to Emo bands or Jason Derulo on the radio? These are old or new artists you may have never heard of.

“It would never get old” says a student at La Joya when talking about music while growing up.

Ever heard of NeverShoutNever? They are a band that talked about love and trying to find the “right one”. They were a band that was the band to see at Warped Tour, which was a place that bands such as Emo bands or Screamo bands would attend. Many other bands such as My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday, with their popular hit Make Damn Sure that hit the radio in 2006. Green Day being the most popular band of the 90’s and the 2000’s have made hits like 21 Guns and American Idiot that went Platinum in the United States.

“That genre was mostly about love” says a student when talking about the 2000’s music.

Music from the early 2000’s is what most kids that were born in the 90’s would remember. Artists such as Akon or Nelly and his famous song Dilemma with Kelly Rowland, former member of Destiny’s Child, that went platinum in the UK.

“In the future I don’t think we could beat that genre” says another La Joya student on what she think the future of music will look like.

Music has evolved since the 2000’s and will continue on to many other generations.