Off-White Launches “For All” Collection

Luxury streetwear brand Off-White has recently launched a new collection, named, “For All”. The brand hopes to provide a more affordable line, staying true to the brand’s design of signature quotation marks and monochrome tones in the clothing. “For All” features 4 unisex t-shirts with a price of $95 each. 4 hoodies are also released, priced at a hefty $170 each. To many, these prices are still steep for what seems a basic and simplistic design. Compared to the usual prices of Off-White, “For All” seems like a bargain. T-shirts can reach up to $580 while signature hoodies have prices of $800, truly making Off-White a luxury in the streetwear fashion world.

Founder and creative director Virgil Abloh stated, “The price tier allows for a new customer to see themselves within the overall concept of the fashion label.” The core concept of Off-White is displayed with this new collection, just at a much lower price point that can appeal and bring in new consumers. He also added, “Off-White™ can be luxury at a traditional luxury price point, or equally it can be relevant at an affordable price point.” Creating Off-White in 2013, Virgil currently operates in a studio located in Milan, Italy. The brand has 11 retail stores located globally, spanning from Paris to Melbourne to back in the US at New York City.

The brand has recently skyrocketed in both popularity and sales, catching the attention of the fashion world while appealing to the streetwear audience. Its duality shines, being categorized with high fashion such as Balenciaga and Raf Simons, while being in relation with hype brands like Supreme and Fear of God. Off-White’s recent collaboration with sneaker giant Nike was all the talk, with “The Ten” collection featuring the Air Jordan 1 and Vapormax altered to the Off-White style. Sophomore Gabriel Alvarado said, “In my opinion, the Off-White Prestos are the best out of the collection, I would even paying resell prices for a pair.” A partnership with IKEA has also involved the brand in the furniture industry, with sofas and carpets set to release showcasing new designs. Receiving much praise from designers and critics, Off-White’s design and longevity will be put to the test as other brands rise, hoping to take its place in the fashion industry.