Enough with the theatrics

Teacher Feature: Ms. Ludlow

Ms. Ludlow is the La Joya Community High school theater director and teacher, she also is in charge of the La Joya drama club.

During her early years at La Joya she started her program with very few actors and technicians, but post COVID her program expanded beyond what she thought of, both in a negative and in a positive,

“My program looked very different which was a good and bad thing but definitely a hopeful thing”- Ms. Ludlow

One of her favorite moments during her years at La Joya was in 2016, she was able to help a student with getting his grades in order by keeping him in her program, in doing so he was able to pass his finals and graduate.

When she was growing up, her biggest influence was her sister, while growing up she looked up to her older sister who was in high school putting together plays and saw her on stage playing big rolls.

“I was the dorky kid in their living room”

Over the years she was shaped into the person she is today by her family and her students, growing up she was raised in a small cultured town and was culture shocked . She was also shaped by the past rough times along with all the changes and challenges in her program.

She tries her best everyday to provide a safe and open space for people of all cultures, gender, or preference. She isn’t afraid of criticism when it comes down to it,

“Im always willing to learn to know to understand to be that safe person”- Ms. Ludlow