Who’s the new girl.

Teacher Feature: Aisha Ramlawi

There’s a new addition to the La Joya English department and her name is Aisha Ramalawi . Born and raised in Michigan. Growing up in the suburbs just outside of Detroit. Coming from Pat Tillman middle school in the Balsz school district. She has taught for over about 16  years and still counting. Now she is teaching  some of your 9th and 10th graders English here at La Joya  . In her new environment that she has grown to love saying.

“I think La Joya lives up to its name community.” She said.

She has come to this school and felt at home. Stepping out of her comfort zone of teaching junior high and starting fresh with high school. She came here after being told how good this district was by a few of her friends that teach around the distict.

At La Joya she has united with some of her former students. We are all happy to have her here. She is someone who values community and family.

“Here at La Joya it’s like all these different groups of people being able to do their own thing and everyone is respecting each other and working toward a common goal.” She said

Enjoying that even though there are so many kinds of people. They all do their own thing together. People at La Joya support each other with all the different activity’s. She hopes that she can keep helping. She loves what she does. We at La Joya welcome her with open arms.