The Ripe Fruit of the Dominican Republic

Ms. Bromberek is a World History teacher that has been teaching at La Joya for 3 years. This year she is teaching only AP classes.

She taught in the Dominican Republic for 4 years and has some very memorable experiences. Teaching there is very similar to La Joya in student creativeness.

Her favorite food in the Dominican is the fruit. The fruit there is very fresh because it is picked and sold immediately rather than picked early for transportation.

Her favorite subject to teach is the Renaissance because of how they made death a daily part of their lives, and how she admires the artwork and the mediums they had back then.

“I love teaching about the renaissance because it is very culture heavy and i really like exposing the students to different kinds of artworks and mediums.”

She likes teaching the Black Plague and how the doctors wore bird like face masks. Then, on how the plague doctors during the black death made their remedies.

As her third year here, she is teaching AP Human Geography. She has taught other subjects with her most memorable being a history of classic rock.

She taught other subjects like US History, government, world history, economics and social sciences to name a few. Ms. Bromberek is a wonderful teacher always trying to make her students laugh and always have smiles on their faces.