Don’t be afraid to the be the only one with a chef’s hat

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Rojas

Mrs. Rojas from a history teacher to a long-term culinary teacher at La Joya Community High School. When Mrs. Rojas first started teaching, she did not plan on being a culinary teacher it was always history that was her go to subject to teach to students. But not only was she just a history teacher, Mrs. Rojas was a culinary baked good expert owning her very own catering company.

La Joya Community High School was chosen by Mrs. Rojas because she’d seen we were an amazing program, the job was in her area of living our school was just the perfect fit for Mrs. Rojas and ever since she has been here, she’s made such an amazing impact to the culinary school’s culinary unit with her students placing first place sin competitions, students constantly talking about how much of an amazing teacher she Mrs. Rojas is was an amazing choice by our school to hire her.

Mrs. Rojas decided to fully pursue her culinary teaching career because she’d knew it’d be fun to teach kids new things of cooking. She loves to watch her kids learn culinary skills and seeing them advance in the culinary subject compete in competitions for first place is exactly why Mrs. Rojas loves to teach the culinary subject.