Former Student Athlete now English Teacher

Teacher Feature: Ms. Missaggia

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023, Ms. Missaggia was interviewed by one of her former english students. Ms. Missaggia is from Illinois, she is a Senior English teacher here at La Joya and has been teaching here for 3 years now. Before moving to Arizona, she taught English back in Illinois.

She was a student athlete playing softball while in school, and from her experience, she says that “it definitely taught you time management”.

“I’ve been playing softball since I was five years old all the way up until now” says Ms. Missaggia.

Ms. Missaggia has expressed that she choose teaching because teaching and coaching go “hand in hand” she also expressed that she would like to coach softball at La Joya Community High School, if an opportunity to, showed itself. Her class incorporates valuable information that seniors might need or will find helpful in the future, after their time in High School. Ms. Missaggia cares for her students and is willing to help them become the best version of themselves, leading her to be an effective and passionate teacher.