Have a test soon? Prepare for your test!

Canva
A+ graded test.

Some students may feel a sort of test anxiety when a big test is coming up which can affect their ability to take the test, however, there are some things you can do to ease your anxiety to hopefully ace your test.

“Sometimes I do badly on my tests because I overthink and doubt myself,” Aliah Garcia 9th grade. 

To do amazing on any test, studying is very important. Neglecting to study causes test anxiety, self-doubt, and fear of failure. Studying makes the mind feel more prepared and can help you memorize and retain the knowledge of the curriculum. To study, you need a distraction-free environment and any materials you would need for what you’re studying for.

A girl sitting down studying.
A student studying. (Mikhail Nilov from Pexels)

A good night’s rest is very important when taking a test. Sleep improves memory recall and the ability to concentrate. To perform as best as you can on a test you should try to sleep for 8 hours before a big test and no less than 6 hours.

“I feel like when I sleep good the night before a test I do better and can remember more things,” said Renata Valdivia.

Eating a healthy breakfast in the morning before a test is can also help prepare you for a test. Eating a healthy breakfast helps you feel more energetic, focused, and improves the particular types of skills that students use in taking tests. Some healthy breakfast options are avocado toast, protein smoothie, yogurt parfait, and oatmeal.

Healthy Breakfast in bowl.
Healthy breakfast. (Daria Shevtsova from Pexels)

“When I was in elementary school my teacher would tell us to eat breakfast before we had a big test and that it helps you do better and ever since I’ve done pretty well on tests along with doing other things before testing,” said Aliah Garcia.

Making sure you prepare for a test can lead to confidence when taking a test which can help you ace it.