It’s not supposed to be easy.

Teacher Feature: Coach Beene
Fernanda Gonzalez

Coach Beene, he is the football coach at La Joya Community High School. This year will be his second season here at La Joya.

One of Coach Beene’s sayings is “life is not all about football, but football is all about life,” said Beene.

Football is all about working together and having a bond with one another. It’s about what the players can do to get the point.  Although some players don’t get to carry or touch the ball they are as important to the game as the people who do.

“They might not get the same glory or shine that those guys that are running the ball and carrying the ball do,” said Beene.

But the only way for the players that carry the ball to score any points they have to have someone they can trust. To protect them and keep them going forward. They need a team that they can trust with blocking the other team from tackling them down.

“But they get to be unselfish, and they got to do things and work together to achieve what they want to achieve,” said Beene.

Another thing that Beene thinks is an important thing to do with his players is to have a bond and have trust between the players and the coaches.

“Yeah, I think it’s critical that you build a relationship with your player before you start to coach them hard, because there’s a saying and it’s kind of cliche but it’s true and it’s that your players don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care,” said Beene.

Coach Beene want to have a mutual respect and understanding with his players to connect with them and so they know that they can trust him and his plans for the future of their team.

He wants the best for his players. Whatever happens lose or win the did it together and it will make them better on the long run.

“You know, I want them to go forward and pursue things that they want to pursue,” said Beene.