Dodge Puts An End To Their Legacy

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Review and Dodge Development
Elizabeth Blackstock

The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is a muscle car made by Dodge in 2015 and was recently discontinued in 2024.

The Hellcat is packed with a Supercharged 6.2L V8 making 707 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft of torque straight out of the factory. This car is very desirable to people because of the hefty $70,000 price tag that it carries. Typically, this car comes with a standard body, but most people prefer the widebody because of its wider appearance as it is stated in the name.

This car packs a punch being one of the fastest mass-produced sedans out on the market, with a tune-up this car can easily produce over 1,000 horsepower. The car can go from 0 to 60 in 3.4 seconds and has a quarter mile run time of 11.4 seconds with a final velocity of 128 miles per hour.

The higher trim models such as the Hellcat Redeye can produce even more power, up to 90 horsepower more than base model hellcat. There is a big debate on the ergonomics of the hellcat being as it is shaped like a boat as some would say. This design is proven to be bad in cutting through the air while at high speeds and its design flaws do not let it live up to its potential.

The standard hellcat engine is common in other SRT models such as the challenger, track hawk, and the famous 4×4 pickup truck, the TRX. Although the charger hellcat is loved word wide, Dodge plans to discontinue its iconic, V8 powered Hellcat challenger and charger muscle cars models as the brand transitions to a mix of electrified EV, hybrid, and plug-in drivetrains in the face of government regulations forcing battery-powered vehicles.

Dodge announced their first EV mini-SUV packing a 268-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder all four wheels through a nine-speed automatic transmission. The end of the V8 power is near, and when it is forever gone, the prices of these amazing cars will skyrocket.