5 Things That Every Senior Must Complete

www.ncsasports.org
Graduation Checklist

Are you a senior? Are you planning on attending college this fall? If so, here are five things you MUST have completed before graduation.

1. Meet with your counselors. Every senior should be meeting with their counselors to figure out if they’re still on the right track. Stop by the guidance office every now and then to get information on your graduation status, credit info, SAT and ACT tests, and ECAP (which is a graduation requirement!).
  2. Two of the most important necessities that every high school senior needs to walk across the stage: your cap and gown. If you haven’t ordered yours yet I strongly encourage you to hurry before you forget and before the prices go up! Follow the link to order yours online today at www.balfour.com
  3. By now every senior should have completed their FAFSA. If you plan on going to college then this is something you must complete. It’s also important that you begin searching for financial aid if that’s something that’s a concern for you and your family.
  4. Right now is a perfect time for applying for scholarships since most scholarship deadlines are coming up. As a senior it’s important that you have letters of recommendation, transcripts and anything else you may need to apply. I also recommend devoting a couple of days to apply for these scholarships.
  5. If you plan on attending college, please make sure that you are academically prepared. Maybe you’re not the best at writing, or maybe reading isn’t a strong point, or maybe you’re terrible when it comes to studying. Whatever it is, I recommend you find ways to improve or practice to develop these skills.