Lobo Wrestling Benefits

It’s that time of the year again! It’s time for wrestling season to begin. The team is working hard to make this season one to remember here at La Joya. Not only is wrestling a way to be more involved with the school but is also a way to help you go off to college and gain valuable skills.

” Wrestling is a very good team experience because we push each other to our limits…we come together to become a big family and we have some great memories with one another” said Anatonu Nua a Senior at La Joya.

This season is expected to be a very successful one. Both coaches and wrestlers are ready to show that the La Joya wrestling team shouldn’t be messed with. Girls and boys on the team are ready to put in their time and effort in order to have a great season.

”Wrestling is a sport where you have to have the most mental strength and the most effort..this sport can help you succeed in the future and can provide you with a better outcome for your life” said Fernando Tovar a Senior at La Joya.

Related image

This very competitive sport is very beneficial to our student-athletes who see themselves wrestling at a collegiate level, it also helps develop important qualities needed after graduation. Wrestling can provide a student-athlete with a chance to go to a college by being able to earn a athletic scholarship. Many colleges are on the look out for future students who have the determination to work hard and dedicate time into this sport. If you don’t plan on college wrestling this sport can still offer a student with basic skills. Wrestling provides the student with confidence, sportsmanship, leadership skills and work ethics. It teaches the student-athlete how to rely on them self, since this is a individual sport.

“Wrestling is a good sport than makes you tough and helps you make your own glory. You get to test your own limits and see how far you can go. Overall it’s a great sport bonding wise” said Jason Emm a Junior at La Joya.Image result for wrestling headgear

Don’t forget to come out and support the wrestlers at their first tournament. The tournament will take place on November 20th at Tucson High Magnet School at 4pm.