Sports and How They Can Impact Teens

Do you think sports have impact on teens nowadays?  Teens that have played before Covid-19 had there life’s straight, grades up while happily playing sports, going to there practices. This was the year of 2019 and till this day Covid is still around.

Me myself as an athlete, I feel like they help keep my grades up. In order to play you’re supposed to have a D or higher as a grade or you cant participate in the games. I think what goes through a teens mind is “I got to get good grades to play the game coming up so I need to ask and see how I can keep my grades up”.  I had the pleasure of interviewing my friend Javier Torres who is in a sport.

“Yeah keeps me motivated to keep my grades up and keeps my mind off things and make sure I stay on the right task, helps with stress any problems I got, a way to deal with my feelings the wind in my face and the sun as well makes me feel free” said Javier.

I have also asked other students to see how they would feel and they agreed on one thing. It helps them be stress free and no worries on there back during there practice.

It has also been shown that sports have helped kids keep there stuff in line with school, home and family stuff. And it has been proven on this website Benefits of Sports to Students – Master of Science in Technical Entrepreneurship and Management at the University of Rochester

I am not talking about every teen it can be different with everyone but it depends on what coach you have and what sport you play. Many students and myself believe that sports help you become stress free.

motivation-001

“motivation-001” by whitehatblackbox is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

If you have that lazy coach that’s not on your butt 24/7 about anything you do this can impact how you think about the sport. Here at La Joya Community High School, thankfully we have coach’s on us bugging about our grades and our behavior. It also depends on how much effort someone puts in everything. If they don’t put as much effort into something, where will they go?

Football

“Football” by Phalinn Ooi is licensed under CC BY 2.0