The Exorcist VS The Conjuring

Beware+of+the+Skull+
Ahmed Adly
Beware of the Skull

Hey there lobos did you know that the Exorcist was a movie that came out 1973 and It’s about a 12 year old girl who gets possessed by a demonic soul and the parents seek for help.

While the conjuring: the devil made me do it was a movie that came out 2021 and it’s about a young man that claims he got possessed by a demonic soul so Ed and Lorraine took the case to try to solve the case.

“I feel like maybe they could have added to the fear factor with the little girl cause once she gets possessed sure it’s scary but then there are some more comedic parts but I can’t bash it, it too hard because they were working with what they had at the time” said Megan a student from La Joya Community High school.

scary hands
BEWARE! (Thirdman)

The exorcist was made when there wasn’t that much of good equipment as we have right now but when the movie came out in the theaters some people said that they fainted or vomited because the scenes were so realistic.

The conjuring was made when the technology has improved but there was some difficulties filming the movie because when filming we were in a pandemic and some people said that “The Conjuring: the devil made me do it” had good well placed jump scares.

“I feel like with the new conjuring they could have made it scarier cause I didn’t feel like it was all that scary but I do love how they add clips and pictures into the film of the end from the real case” said Megan a student from La Joya Community High school 

So if you were to pick between The Exorcist or The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It what movie would you say was the best depending on the jump scares or any other scene in the movie that grabbed your attention.

“If I had to pick between the new conjuring and the exorcist I would choose the exorcist because it is a classic and feel like the scare factor still lives up today” said Megan a student from La Joya Community High school.

Scary dolls
possession (James Sutton)