Uhh Oh, Grades!

Not+happy+with+your+grades+this+quarter%3F+
Not happy with your grades this quarter?

As we all know, grades are due but are you satisfied with the grades you have received this quarter? During the first quarter, there have been so many activities and people that could’ve distracted you from doing your school and homework, which may have affected your grade, for better or for worse.

Here are a few tips and tricks that could help you better your grades and make you a better student for years to come.

1. Set a time: When you are assigned a project or homework, every teacher knows you have a life outside of school. You have to look at your schedule and adjust it to suit you. When you get your homework, set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself to do it. Setting a specific time and alarm will ensure that you know exactly what has to be done.
  2. Tutoring: Most teachers hold tutoring sessions on various days that give you the opportunity to make up tests, get one-on-one help from your teacher, and even work on homework. These tutoring sessions do have tutoring buses set up for you so you don’t have to worry about not having a ride home.
  3. Study: Studying can be one of the most tedious and most dreadful habits that students have. However, although creating good study habits can be hard, it isn’t impossible and it can be very helpful. Get with friends and create flash cards or other study methods. I know they tend to help me a lot when I need to know quick facts before a test. If you can’t create flash cards, then test yourself the night before a test and be truthful. If you don’t know the information, study more!
  4. Ask questions: We all know that we don’t always get everything the teacher teaches. You need to ask questions to better your understanding of the subject. Don’t worry about sounding “dumb” for asking a question, because who knows, you may help someone else with your question!
  5. Do your work: The one thing that students have a hard time doing is actually doing their work. When you do your work and turn it in, it is almost impossible for you to fail! Do your work and be the student that your peers will want to be like.