Eye Bags: I Shouldn’t Have Them This Young

The+rode+to+recovery+is+long+but+youll+get+through+it+
http://quotesgram.com/img/inspirational-recovery-quotes-mental-health/724342/
The rode to recovery is long but you’ll get through it

90% of students who have committed suicide had an underlying mental illness. Many of you may not be aware that the people around you are struggling to cope with an illness and are quite good at suppressing their feelings, whether it be anxiety, depression and eating disorders etc.

Each one can deteriorate the mind and body just as easily as the last. Every face hides a different story but we can’t help them or ourselves without knowing what is going on and what to look for.

So you can keep telling yourselves there is no problem, but if there isn’t a problem, why can’t you say it out loud?

In order to understand the complexity of mental illness you’d have to know what it means. Mental illness is defined as a person’s condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being (National Alliance of Mental Illness, 2016). In other words, it is a way in which a person acts or represents themselves. The behavior and the signs that they are demonstrating.

mental health 2Students showing signs of feeling sad or withdrawn for more than two weeks can be a sign of having a mental illness. The most basic signs to look for in others and yourself is crying regularly, feeling fatigued and unmotivated, self-harm , extreme difficulty concentrating in school and intense worry or fears.

If you or someone you know is experiencing these signs, figure out what is the main cause for your depression, anxiety etc? Whether it be due to school and sports or even public scenarios. Try to figure out solutions to ease it.  Trying to deal with it can be tough but “Just relax-breathe” (Dayra Torrez, Junior) it’ll be fine.

Find things that you like, music, sports or people. “Find something relaxing, lose yourself in it” (Dayra Torrez, Junior). Get control of yourself and focus on the positive things around you. The best way to cope is “To let others be aware of what you’re dealing with,-surround yourself with love” (Crystal Calderon, Junior). Anthony Orlosky said, “I do get overwhelmed and it messes me up but I push through it.” That school can be very stressful.

At some point everyone has experienced these signs and felt alone and overwhelmed but this is where the real work begins. To find hope where there absolutely feels like there is none. Whatever hurts can be healed.