BROCKHAMPTON: iridescence

Back to Article
Back to Article

BROCKHAMPTON: iridescence

Jaylin Miranda, Staff

BROCKHAMPTON is the future of boybands. They are a group of thirteen guys who are vocalists, rappers, graphic designers, produces, and more. The band is led by Kevin Abstract who formed BROCKHAMPTON in San Marcos, Texas in 2015. The majority of the band members met on a site called KanyeToThe.com and the rest is history. BROCKHAMPTON has since released one mix-tape and four albums. Their recent album was released this year and is called iridescence.

“I think Brockhamptons new album, iridescence, is good. I like the vibe it gives you when you listen to it, it’s songs for any mood” said Jasmine Bennett, a Sophomore at La Joya.

Image result for iridescence

Iridescence is the last part to their Saturation Trilogy. Each album is very unique and different from the last. Iridescence includes many different types of music styles, for example there’s a acoustic guitar ballad in “SAN MARCOS” and a gangsta rap bounce in “NEW ORLEANS.” The band members each involve their divergent music inspirations, perspectives, and their own emotional stories. The diversity that each member brings gives each song a beautiful chaotic sound. Having so many band members gives BROCKHAMPTOM a noticeable and intense feel. The diversity in each song and album is great.

“The album is really good. It’s different and wild” said Fernando Garcia ,a Freshman at La Joya.

Image result for brockhampton

“I like it! It’s honestly something different” said Nicole Cueller ,a Junior at La Joya.

Since the release of the album , BROCKHAMPTON has been on tour. The i’ll be there tour began on October third and ended on December sixth. They started the tour off by preforming in Mesa, Arizona and ended the tour in Las Vegas. Leading up to the tour they held pop-up shops to promote and sell their new merchandise for the album. Many fans went wild for the merchandise and tour tickets. Almost everything sold out as soon as it was dropped.

Jaylin Miranda, Staff

Jaylin ,better known as Jay,  is a Junior at La Joya Community High School in Avondale, AZ. She is a hardworking girl who has big goals for herself. ...