One Last Movie From A Goofy Goober

After the original creator’s passing, they’re making yet another Spongebob film for 2020

About four months ago on the 26th of November 2018, fans of the show Spongebob Squarepants were heartbroken after learning of the creator, Stephen McDannell Hillenburg’s passing due to ALS. But still the show lives on, with the future holding on to perhaps another film: It’s a Wonderful Sponge coming in 2020.

With the talk of the upcoming movie set for next year, many are unsure if this is a good idea after the late creator’s passing.

“They shouldn’t make it because the last one wasn’t as good as the first,” said Allyson Yee, Sophomore student La Joya.

So far the only plot we the viewers have is on the wiki page, about how Spongebob met his friends; A prequel, none the less.

At the same time, everyone is still sad over his death; Television users, Nickelodeon, and the Internet community have paid their respects for yet another childhood legend alongside Stan Lee, Stefan Karl Stefansson, and Stephen Hawking

“Hillenburg contributed to a culture that enjoyed historical and current events in a humorous way, and into mainstream pop culture,” said Ms. Brasch, La Joya High School AP World History teacher.

Supposedly the crew working alongside to produce the movie is the same people who made  Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie.

“Even long past the time when the show comes to a close and movies stop being made, the titular character will still forever remain one of the most memorable and unique animated characters of all time,” Said MOVIEWEB writer Jeremy Dick.