How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies

The perfect warm snack for a cold winter night.

Chocolate chip cookies are the perfect snack to pair with a warm cup of hot chocolate on a warm winter night. This recipe makes the most perfect big cookies with huge chunks of chocolate. Let’s end this year off with some cookies.

For the dough, you will need 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups of flour, 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and two 8 ounce bars of bakers chocolate.

The browned butter is ready once it starts to foam on top.

Start by measuring out 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, this is just one and a half sticks of butter. Place the butter in a medium saucepan and brown over medium heat by stirring constantly. It is done once a nutty aroma appears, and it starts to foam. Set this aside to cool.

While the butter is cooling, measure the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Set this aside for now.

The chocolate chunks should be about this size.

To continue prep, on a cutting board, cut two 8 ounce chocolate bars into chunks. The chunks should be about the size of a dime.

The combination of the brown sugar, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla should be smooth.

The butter should be cooled by now. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and the browned butter. The mixture will look chunky. Whisk in one egg plus one egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to the mixture. The mixture will look smooth now.

Continue by adding the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add little at a time until all of the dry ingredients have been mixed in.

Once the dough is formed, fold in the chocolate chunks. Set aside the dough to chill for 30 minutes or overnight.

This is what the cookie dough balls will look like before the oven.

When the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Align a baking sheet with parchment paper. To create the balls, measure out two tablespoons of dough, roll it together, place on the baking sheet, and slightly press down.

Bake the cookies at 350 for 11-13 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool down and then enjoy!

The cookies are done when the edges are golden brown. After they have set, the bottoms should look like this.

Tips: The dough stays good for up to a month, however, it is best to work with the dough after letting it chill for 30 minutes because the

These are the final cookies out of the oven.

dough is more easy and less hard to work with.

Two bars of bakers chocolate makes the cookies extra chocolatey, if too much chocolate is

too much, only use one bar.