We Are Aware

Are you a Lobo? If so, join your fellow lobos in a walk to raise money and awareness for cancer, hosted by your very own LJHS yearbook staff.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and in honor of that the LJHS

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, LJHS yearbook staff decided to host a Breast Cancer walk for all La Joya students & staff to help fund for the Arizona Assistance Healthcare. The Arizona Assistance Healthcare is an organization created to help pay for chemotherapy.

The walk is happening on Thursday, October 29, 2015 from 2:30-3:30 P.M and is taking place on the track.

There will be Kona Ice, drinks, prizes, music & much more! Who would want to miss out on all that fun? I know I wouldn’t so be there and make sure to be decked out in pink. The best pink costume wins a free yearbook! Yeah, I said it A FREE YEARBOOK!

If you’re interested in participating make sure to stop by room 804A to pick up a pledge sheet, in order to walk you will need one. The pledge sheet is to get sponsors. Our goal is for each participant to raise at least $20.00. The pledge form will be needed the day of the event to help keep track of the amount of laps you did. However, the pledge sheets, and the money won’t be due until Nov. 3rd. If you have any questions about the sheet contact Heather Eaton at [email protected] or Kimberly Rodriguez at [email protected].

Each student will receive a pink ribbon for participating in “Walk for the Cause” event. It will mean a lot to have every La Joya student walk to provide support for those currently in treatment for breast cancer and even those who just got out of treatment.

We hope to see you there!