Education In Korea VS The U.S.

Mr. Turbitt is an English teacher at La Joya Community Highschool. He teaches Seniors and Freshman. He has been teaching for 12 years he taught in Korea and is now teaching in Arizona. There are many differences in the education system between the U.S. and Korea. Mr. Turbitt says, ” In Korea the kids are more respectful and motivated to learn.” This isn’t very surprising considering Korea is 9th place in the world and Korea has one of the world’s highest-educated labor forces among OECD countries. This helps keep kids in line when it comes to bettering their education and staying motivated. The U.S. is ranked 27th in the world. This seems accurate considering education isn’t something that is desirable in most high school students in the U.S. a lot have dropped out or only get their G.E.D. Here at La Joya Community High School every day we are working to beat those statistics. By 2025 La Joya is hoping to be an A school. ” Every day I get up and get ready to come to work ready to teach and inspire kids.” says Mr. Turbitt. It is very hard trying to get kids to be motivated but Mr. Turbitt doesn’t let that affect him or his teaching. He strives every day for his kids to do their best and that is what they’re doing. ‘Teaching is not easy especially when it comes to teenagers but when you do what you love for a leaving it gets easier by the day I love to teach and cannot wait to continue my career here at L Joya. ” Says Mr. Turbitt