Little Lobo Clinic

Nicholas Gamez, Staff

Do you have any children or any siblings? Do they like cheer? Well coming up is a chance for you to see your little cheer fan join your lobo cheer squad. La Joya’s cheer squad is giving you a chance to put your little one in a cheer routine with them on October 6th. This is a opportunity to put your cheerleaders from 3 years old all the way up to 8th grade in a special experience. La Joya’s cheer squad has done this before and the children and audience loved every second of it. The week before the game the little lobos will practice with the spirit line team in practice and at half time of the football game they will show off what they learned.

When asked about the little lobo clinic, head coach Karina Parnell stated, “This is a great way to get kids excited for high school and show them what is offered here”. Along with many others she seems to be excited to work with the little ones and is ready to get things on the road. While interviewing I asked multiple cheerleaders, I heard a lot of the same answers but here is what cheer captain Dashia Hunter had to say, “I am super excited for the little lobos clinic, and I cannot wait to work with those who are little and i’m just super excited to help them learn and help them grow”.

Shown above is cheerleader Alexis Garcia when asked about the little lobo clinic she said, “I’m most excited about it because I have my step sister coming and her two cousins, so I get to see them and teach them what I do everyday”. Even lobo cheerleaders are getting involved by bringing their own family and friends,  so should you. There is still a chance to sign up, sign up sheets will be in the school book store or you could just ask your lobo cheerleaders to get you a sheet. There is a fee of 20 dollars and you will have to turn it in with the sign up sheet. So come one, come all bring your friends and bring your family and lets get our cheer on. Say it loud, say it proud, GO LOBOS!!!!