La Joya Mysteries: Purposeful Theft In The English Department

Two English teachers fighting to keep a Dumbo doll from each other is beginning to be an on going war! But who’s actually behind the thefts of the doll?
Victor Robles Hernandez
This is The Dumbo Doll that Ms. Saco got at Disney in Japan.
Ms. Saco’s Homeroom. Photographer: Victor Robles Hernandez

AVONDALE – Here at La Joya Community High School, two English Teachers are in an on-going war between stealing a Dumbo doll from each other. The two teachers are of course just picking at each other but most recently, it has come to a full throttle win over who get’s to have this doll. Ms. Gorgan and Ms. Saco are the dynamic duo of the English department and have now taken it upon their classrooms to steal the Dumbo doll from one another.

The news was unraveled on August 20th that rumors of Ms. Saco’s 7th period would go into Ms. Gorgan’s room in 1103 to steal the Dumbo doll! Of course, more discovery had to have been dug up. When Ms. Saco was asked as to why she is stealing the Dumbo doll from Ms. Gorgan, she said,

“What do you mean? Dumbo is mine, I purchased it in Japan. When I came back with it, she took as if I didn’t want to get her anything. She’s just jealous *hair flip*”

As you can see, this is shocking to find out that, it was actually Ms. Gorgan’s class who were the ones stealing the Dumbo from Ms. Saco. When Ms. Gorgan was asked as to why she had been doing this, she held no remorse and she said,

“Saco went to Disney in Japan and got herself a Dumbo. She didn’t think I’d want one?”

When even instigated about the tenacity of her statement, she said,

Ms. Gorgan’s Homeroom. Photographer: Victor Robles Hernandez

“I didn’t steal it, A student brought it to me.”

This means that Ms. Gorgan can’t be the person stealing it. This left an on-going question in my head…Who stole the Dumbo for Ms. Gorgan?

Actually, the person who did steal it was in plain sight while Ms. Gorgan was being investigated. His name is Matthew Fernandez and he is a Junior at La Joya. When I asked him as to why cause such a fuzz between the dynamic, he simply said,

“Ms. Saco made it her prized possession.”

and that was it…nothing else was elaborated on. He then proceeded to leave to avoid any altercation. But I’m sure by what he
meant was that, this was not a personal attack towards Ms. Saco but a reason to get it for someone else…something had to have happen for that reason being? No one just says that, only those who don’t want to be exposed others use that as an excuse. Why else would he remain silent and leave? and if so, who could be behind this?

While unraveling this “Tea”, Ms. Saco did end up elaborating with me again as to where is Dumbo now! She said,

This is The Dumbo Doll in his cage, eating smarties. Photographer: Victor Robles Hernandez

“Because of Gorgan, Dumbo has to be caged.”

This is heartbreaking and has left a wondrous question as to who is to blame in this? Many accounts can be taken into action but who is wrong in this? The best friend that didn’t bring back anything for her bestie? The bestie that is accused of stealing the Dumbo? or what about the actual bandit that did in fact steal it for an ominous reason?

It felt like a dead end. I went to my Newspaper in Chief, DeAsiah Ball, a Junior at La Joya, about the incident and how to crack the case…and she had told me something shocking. Something I actually did not see coming. She said,

“Gorgan bribes students to steal her the Dumbo-Yeah, she bribes them with food.”

A gasp escaped my mouth and this mystery had been solved. The Bestie that is “accused” of stealing Dumbo is the mastermind behind the thefts! And Matthew had been one of those student bribed and Ms. Gorgan’s excuse of “I didn’t steal, A student brought it to me.” were false! Not a surprise in a way, but still shocking. The mystery of the Thefts in The English departments have been solved. This does not keep Dumbo safe still for he sill is in his cage, but for now, we can know that the real mastermind behind the thefts was obviously in front of us and only those who take his into consideration know what to do with the information.