Do You Have School Spirit?

Journal-News.com

Students today have this perception that having school spirit is not cool, but why? Is it because many don’t really know what spirit is or is it because there is no one really around trying to encourage them to have spirit?

Everyday, students are surrounded by their teacher, so what happens if the teachers don’t have any spirit? When a teacher is not enthusiastic to teach class or excited to be in school that makes students not excited to be there, so if they’re not excited about teaching how are students supposed to be excited?

“What’s the point? If you are not willing to support our school, why should I?” said Mars Torres when asked if her teachers didn’t have spirit, would she.

Teachers could really change their student’s perception of school spirit, if students are encouraged to have spirit that makes them feel more comfortable and not make them feel scared or embarrassed to say they enjoy school and are happy to represent their school.

Esmeralda Bobadilla said, “I would have school spirit if my teachers would encourage me a little bit more in class to have spirit and that my high school years can be fun and unforgettable.”

Students should be proud of the school they attend  these are the years you will never get back, having school spirit can really make your high school career very special and can be something you can regret in your upcoming years if you don’t fully experience high school.