Our Experience With Virtual Learning

Jacklynn Dunmire
A picture of Sophomore, Jacklynn Dunmire’s virtual learning space

As you all know, our world is going through a pandemic; which has completely altered our everyday lives, and its been made clear students have gone through the most drastic changes rather its from no longer attending in person learning, or not being able to participate in clubs, or not getting to see their friends and or favorite teacher. Today I got the pleasure of interviewing 3 students from La Joya Community High School, in Avondale, Arizona who told me about their experience regarding virtual learning.

When asked what the biggest adjustment has been to virtual learning has been senior, Penelope Jai said, “disciplining myself, it’s hard not to get distracted whilst in my room filled with everything id rather be doing.”

A laptop surrounded by small stuffed animals.
A picture of junior, Stephanie Espana’s virtual learning space (Stephanie Espana)

There was a common theme between these three students when it came to this question; they all agreed staying disciplined was the hardest part of virtual learning.

When asked to give a piece of advice to incoming freshmen on adjusting to virtual learning sophomore, Angela Galaxia said, “don’t let yourself get behind, its way harder online. And try your best to make friends, even online.”

Angela believes that the most crucial information freshmen need to know is to work hard and make friends, which she believes got her through her freshmen year.

“I’m honestly looking forward to club meetings during online learning. they’re a whole lot easier to arrange/ join when everything is digital,” said Stephanie Espanana, junior when asked what she’s looking forward to during virtual learning.

Each of these students have faced their own hardships due to online learning and have overcome. Despite the issues online learning has brought, when this experience is over each and every person who has gone through it will be better, stronger, and smarter.