7 Acts of Kindness

ExploringEducationBlogSpot

ExploringEducationBlogSpot

Mia Lopez, Staff

When was the last time you surprised someone with a kind compliment or simply asked him or her how their day was? Being kind to someone can really change his or her whole day for the better. Doing kind things for no reason has so many rewards. In an instant, the best of our humanity and heart shows. Greater kindness at home, in the workplace, on the road, and on social media can have significant healing effect.  There are so many different acts of kindness that you can do for the people around you here are some examples:

1. Give a compliment to a friend: A compliment can really change someone day around, something so small as telling someone that they are funny or beautiful can really give them a boost of confidence that they were maybe missing.
  2. Say “I love you” to someone you love: Sometimes you take for granted the people you love so it’s always nice and refreshing when you show them your appreciation for them by saying “I Love You.” It’s so simple and guarantee they will really feel appreciated.
  3. Give someone a hug coupon: Making a little paper or card that say hug coupon can go a long way, it doesn’t need to be big or expensive it can be very simple. You never know when someone really needs that comfort so going up to them and letting them hug you can really let them release what they are feeling.
  4. Ask someone “how they are doing”: No one may ask someone genuinely how their day is so when someone really asked them it can give them a chance to tell you how their day is and feel good that someone actually cares how they feel and listen to them.
  5. Pick up Trash: It’s not only nice to be kind to others it’s nice to be kind to the environment, if you see trash on the floor or anywhere pick it up. This is the earth you live on so you want to be kind to it.
  6. Say “Thank You”: People may be doing something for you so it’s always nice to say thank you, its shows them that you are appreciate to whatever they helped you with and that you are respectful. They may never get thanked for doing what they are doing so you can really make their day.
  7. Write a letter to soldiers: We should be most tankful to our soldiers that put their life on the line every day for our freedom, so writing a simple letter to them explaining why you are thankful for them can really show them why they fight for us.

Those are only a few examples, being kind doesn’t take much time or money it only takes a couple minutes of your day to really make a difference on someone’s day.  So be kind to someone new and make a difference.

photobucket
Unlimited Hug Coupon