Physical Education After The Pandemic

Photo by Hemanth Nirujogi from Pexels.com

Mr. Sepulveda, from physical education, answers some questions about staff and students going back to school. He is speaking on student’s physical and mental health, as well as his own.

The pandemic caused a lot of people to use more energy. Because of this lack of energy kid’s self-esteem and lack of daily exercise like walking, is inflicting their health. Mr. Sepulveda said,

“The pandemic caused many kids become couch potatoes and also effected kids’ self-esteem”., said Mr. Sepulveda

Unfortunately, the pandemic has changed a lot of things and school being one of them. Now that we are back, kids seem to be happy and excited to be back and students behavior also seems to be improving since last time on campus.

Some kids take school for granted but he thinks this year’s kids may have a different look on school. He notices a change in behavior and more motivation. Mr. Sepulveda said,

“Students seem more motivated to learn and hope to get a chance to play sports, join clubs and just get the chance to a high school experience.”, said Mr. Sepulveda

“I believe the kids behavior has improved for the reasons of not wanting to go back to being locked up in their home/room or away from friends. I think students now see school as a privilege instead of a requirement.”, said Mr. Sepulveda

It’s important for students to stay on campus. It is easier for their learning and well being. But school might not always be safe and if we returned then the result might not be so good. Mr. Sepulveda said,

“I do not thinks its a good idea to return to online teaching for everyone’s physical and mental well being.”, said Mr. Sepulveda

Although the pandemic has set us back a bit, it has also helped us get somethings done.  For some people it might be cleaning or working, but for Mr. Sepulveda it’s a classic truck. Mr. Sepulveda said,

“Being locked down has allowed me to work on my 1959 Chevy pickup truck that’s been sitting in my back porch for many years.”, said Mr. Sepulveda