Here’s to the New Generation of Voters

UNITED STATES– Voting is often seen as an unnecessary act that doesn’t make a difference in our political system.

Some people will complain about an unwanted outcome but say that they didn’t even vote for the issue in the first place. Voting has been apart of our political system since George Washington took office. Over the hundreds of years, we have improved our ways of living, as a society and as a whole. Every step of the way, we used voting to determine our next choices. Voting leads to a butterfly effect that will bring you to live the life you want to live. If you decide not to vote, how can you improve your life? Here are some different opinions on voting.

La Joya Community High School’s AP Government teacher, Scott West, gave a few words of encouragement to new generations of voters.

“I absolutely believe that it is important to vote. I believe that voting is the easiest thing, as citizens, we can do. The youth do not vote, I believe that if we are ever going to see change in this country the youth need to get involved through voting,” said Mr. West. 

Newer generations tend to not be as politically involved as older generations nowadays. In order to make change in our country, the youth needs to step up and encourage each other to vote. Voting has become easier and easier for the new generations, especially in Arizona. Here are some words from our very own state senator, Kyrsten Sinema.

Image found on blogforarizona.net

“A number of states have enacted reforms to improve the voting process…Seventeen states allow a voter to register to vote up to or on Election Day. Twelve states automatically register eligible residents to vote. Fourteen states, including Arizona, require a nonpartisan independent redistricting commission to draw congressional district boundaries,” said Senator Sinema. 

Voting has become easier and easier as the years go on. There are new techniques developed, new voting laws passed, and more diverse candidates to choose from.

Change is happening now and we need to make our voices heard. Voting can help get the word out and let our government know what we want and need. Take advantage of the butterfly effect voting has. Encourage yourself and others to get out and vote for the matters that mean the most to you.