Trunk or Treat

hauntityourself
If you are someone who enjoys getting scared then going to Fear Farm is a great thing to during the month of October
Candy Corn
“candy corn” by Muffet is licensed under CC BY 2.0

One of the most known events at La Joya is their annual “Trunk or Treat”. The event consists of different clubs decorating the trunk of a vehicle to match their theme. Families are then able to walk around and participate in games to win candy or prizes. Here’s a few recaps of the event.

Jack - o - Lanterns
“Halloween Pumpkins” by lobo235 is licensed under CC BY 2.0

“I think it was a great turnip either way, as the whole community came out, and students showed up as well. A lot of costumes. Many candy ran out” said Carolina Marquez, StuGo representative. 

A popular activity that is brought up within the Trunk or Treat is Theatre’s Haunted House. The house is set up in La Joya’s PAC and is something that many students look forward to when thinking about Trunk or Treat. If you get scared easily, don’t worry the actors will not touch you so do not touch them!

“I felt it went well! I liked how my students stepped up and made it really awesome. I felt like that put. some major work into it” said Katie Ludlow, La Joya Theatre teacher and director of the Haunted House.

The Halloween scare
Spooky outfits (Matthew T Rader)

Though much can not be revealed, the Haunted House is something you definitely do not want to miss out on. Not only was it a good experience for the people walking through it, the actors inside really enjoyed it as well.

“To be honest, I really enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun working with everyone to come up with ideas, make props and decorate our areas. I was really tired the day after but it was an overall fun experience” said Celeste Valadez, Junior, actor within the Haunted House. 

Trunk or Treat is a family event that includes fun for every member of the family. If you happend to miss this years event, don’t worry there’s always next year!