Movies that have Meaning

Pop corn with soda and movie shows Via. Phobia Wiki Fandom

Many movies today are coming out that are changing the minds of the new generations and its in a good way. Movies such as Love, Simon and Midnight Sun are representing the thoughts and struggles many people go through.

Love, Simon, formally known as Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, is a book adapted into a movie, talks about the struggles that one teen goes through when trying to figure out how to tell the people around him that he is gay. Teenagers in high school today struggle with telling others their are part of the LGBTQ+ community because they believe everyone will judge them. When it comes down to it, this movie shows that one can’t be scared when trying to be who they want to be because others won’t accept them.

“When it comes to movies that have meaning I can relate way more than action movies” said Carissa Vega a Senior at La Joya.

“I may not  relate in any way but I can deal with keeping secrets and trying to please everyone around me” says a student when talking about struggles around them.

Midnight Sun, a novel adapted into a movie, is about a girl that has a disease called Xeroderma Pigmentosum that doesn’t allow her to got out in any sun no matter the amount. This movie represents that you can’t let a disease control who you are and what you can do. Katie didn’t let the disease stop her from falling in love and having normal teenage experiences that most teens have. Bella Throne (Katie) had gained a following because many teenagers were able to connect deeply with her character in the movie. Teenagers didn’t just connect with the novel because they might have a disease but because they are going through the same challenges she went through but instead they don’t have a disease they have to deal with real high school.

“I can relate in a way because as a teenager I have to focus on many things that go in school and than also worry about my love life” said a student at La Joya when explaining problems at school.

When it comes to books adapted into movies many people will have mixed feelings, but not for these movies, many teenagers were able to relate with the characters in many ways.

Via. Bella Throne instagram
Via Penguin Books
Trish Cook online page